Podcast #119 PdZ – Becoming Archtivists
Join host Annick van Rinsum and I on the 119th episode of the Pakhuis de Zwijger podcast to dive deeper into my journey to Archtivism. We discussed all topics Archtivism, from how we can bring about positive impact in the architecture industry to the very many different ways of being an architect.
Listen to the podcast on Pakhuis de Zwijger’s website, Soundcloud, Spotify, or Apple podcasts.
In the episode, I share how and when Archtivism came about. It came to light during my graduation project and over the past couple years, it has become somewhat of a personal motto that speaks to my experience so far and the hope that I have for what the profession can become.
A little teaser from the episode.
What we discussed:
- How Archtivism came to be in the first place
- 5 different types of Archtivists pushing the boundaries of what it means to be an architect
- Shifting from ‘selling time’ to offering value generation services.
- Cross pollination with other industries and learning from tech.
- Inclusive design beyond “Reference Man” or architecture archetypes like Le Corbusier’s Modulor Man.
Archtivism has become somewhat of a personal motto that speaks to my experience so far and the hope that I have for what the profession can become.
- Dare to be an architect in your own way
- ‘Architect’ may be a protected title for a select few. But Archtivist, that’s yours to claim.
Designing Cities for All
The podcast is part of the Designing Cities for All series. Designing Cities for All is a two-year program by Pakhuis de Zwijger starting in 2021 supported by Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie. The program focuses on the role that designers play in designing and shaping cities for and by everyone. The program puts forward the notion of ‘Cities of Belonging’, which are described as “cities in which everyone feels and is allowed to feel at home.” The focus is put not only on spatial design but also on the digital domain and our public systems, services, and products.
Want to know more about Archtivism? Listen to the full episode of the podcast on Pakhuis de Zwijger’s website, Soundcloud, Spotify, or Apple podcasts.
Join the discussion.